Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Singing Career Lecture

So this week in my opera workshop class, instead of rehearsing I had the chance to listen to a very important lecture that focused on upholding a singing/opera career. Three of the experienced professors in the class reflected on topics from creating a career in music to music memorization techniques. I found a lot of what they said useful and meaningful. They really made me start to think about what I want to do with my life and with music. Below are a few things that stuck with me from the lecture.

-Your career should be a combination of something you like to do, something you do well and something you can get paid for

-Sometimes it's easier to figure out the things that don't work for you before you can know what's right on your career path

-You'll never know EXACTLY what you'll be doing in ten years

-If there are two career paths in life you can take, follow the one that's easier to get back into second if the first path doesn't work out

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with the first one. Well, all of them. But the first one is basically exactly how a photography business works too. :)

    ReplyDelete